It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Highfield shut for refurb!

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:59 am   

Just be aware it was announced last evening that our meeting place will be closed for a refit from 28/4. So we will need to find a replacement for the 4 week closure. Any ideas, must have a big enough car park!

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 pm   
Leyland GTM Club

The Boatyard at Houghton - I know a few car clubs use it though so if they also meet on Mondays we might clash.

The Royal Arms in Tockholes - there's all the visitor centre car-park to spill over into if there are a lot of cars. Plus I'm told it's dog friendly for those who might want to bring pooches.

The Black Bull on the other side of Tockholes - Micro Brewery! 3B's ale.

I'll keep thinking for other suggestions but they are all likely to be this side of the M61 as that's the area I know. That said most of my old watering holes seem to have been turned into gastro-pubs - with one notable exception that's now a Tesco.

Iain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 pm   
Money Penny

Shall we attempt to find a pub in Leyland????

I thought of the Leyland Gates on Golden Hill. Not been for donkeys years but the car park should be big enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:51 pm   

Car park is the main priority Susie, above all else we won't be there that long! As long as its safe for the cars, doesn't attract too much attention and of course we can park without non members damaging our pride and joy's. Generally I don't think landlords mind, especially on a quiet Monday.

Might be worth a quick look see next Monday!

;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm   
Leyland GTM Club

What about the poachers or the Walton fox, end of m65 near b&q.

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:12 pm   
and Hair Flick

What about the rose and crown nex to the highfeild they have a over spill car park at the side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:49 am   
Leyland GTM Club

The Robin Hood crew used to meet at the Poachers - the carpark is actually quite well suited as we all used to park on the lower level which is usually fairly empty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:20 pm   
Money Penny

Just a reminder that tonight we will temporarily switch meet venue to the Rose and Crown just down the road to the Highfield (nearer the petrol station).
The Highfield predict a 4 week refurb programme, but we can keep an eye on it from the Rose and Crown.

See you all later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:26 pm   
Leyland GTM Club

Well I would have been there but I was draining and re-filling the fuel tank on a Scirocco. It runs a lot better now (and I've finally stopped having petrol smelling burps - I'm convinced I didn't swallow any).

I was actually in there for a swift one on Friday night - looked alright and again mutt friendly so the hound was allowed to join us.

Iain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:43 am   
Money Penny

The Rose and Crown is rather a good substitute pub. The staff and regular bikers club meeting on the same night made us all feel very welcome. We used the car park on the right hand side. A tad small be we managed.

Its normally usually pretty quiet, but that Monday its was rather busy so we are a little worried that being Bank Holiday Monday this coming meet night, it will be even busier. To avoid confusion we don't really want to suggest another venue swap so a few of us came up with the idea for another run out instead of the meet.

The main idea so far is to start a little earlier and go around the Scorton/Trough of Bowland.
Can you let me know if you're interested? We can discuss a suitable meet point/time/route.